Most of these are links to external sites.
- The Hubble Space Telescope
- The future James Webb Space Telescope
now under design, that will someday replace the HST.
- The Spitzer Space Telescope
- The Chandra X-ray Observatory CXO
- The Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope
- The telescopes at the National Optical Astronomy Observatories
the telescopes at the Kitt Peak National Observatory and the
Cerro Tololo Interamerican Observatory.
- The twin 8-meter optical telescopes of the
- The Keck Observatory
- The Palomar Observatory
- See an example of how RG and MH observe galaxy rotation curves at Palomar
- The telescopes at the European Southern Observatory including the VLT
- The telescopes at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory
the Green Bank Telescope, the Very Large
Array, the Very Long Baseline Array and the future Atacama Large Millimeter Array (ALMA)
- How does an array work?
- How does the Green Bank telescope work?
- What will the Atacama Large Millimeter Array be like?
- The facilities at the National Astronomy and Ionosphere Center
NAIC, especially the Arecibo 1000-foot antenna.
- How does the Arecibo telescope work?
- 2005 Radio-Millimeter-Submillimeter (RMS) Planning Group compilation of
facilities and projects and
- The Cornell-Caltech Atacama Telescope C-CAT
- The Combined Array for Research in Millimeter-wave Astronomy CARMA
- The Large Millimeter Telescope LMT
- The Center for Astrophysical Research in Antarctica's South Pole
- The Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe WMAP
- The Global Oscillation Network Group project
- The Roentgen X-ray Satellite ROSAT
- The former Gamma Ray Observatory GRO (which got dropped in the
Pacific Ocean, deliberately, in June 2000)
- Check out all the
NASA astronomy missions, past, present and future.